To manage the Depot operations incorporating all functions from receipt to delivery (including transport requirements) ensuring that all aspects of customer requirements are met within the budgeted cost levels for the Depot.
To provide leadership and motivation to the team which in turn facilitates achievement of KPI’s to further ensure that excellence in customer service is achieved at all times.
Aid and support the Divisional Manager to achieve the strategic objectives for both the depot and the Group.
To ensure the warehouse facilities comply with all Legislative, Company and Customer requirements with respect to Food Safety and Hygiene, thus ensuring that all products processes, premises and vehicles meet these requirements and continually improve standards.
To help the facility gain and maintain accreditation to BRC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accomplishes depot operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing remuneration actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves depot operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets depot operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions .
- Develops depot operations systems by determining product handling, storage requirements and transport requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, dispatch and delivery.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems, evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout, implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure that all audits, legal standards are met and exceeded.
- Ensures legal compliance of the site with particular regards to Transport and the Environment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes depot operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues, including hygiene and damage issues to your Manager.
- Completion of necessary process control and quality documented records, in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent inter-personal, natural leadership skills with demonstrable experience of developing a high performing team.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, staff and wider management teams.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at senior levels.
- The flexibility to adapt and manage change.
- Continually assess existing processes and utilising continuous improvement methods to improve efficiencies and productivity.
- To work at pace and prioritise a varied and demanding workload.
- Warehouse Management.
- Transport Management.
- Mobility – the job may require secondment to other sites across the UK.
Credentials, Qualifications & Experience required:
- PC Literacy (proficient in MS Excel & Word) with knowledge of the relevant warehouse systems or the ability to quickly learn to use them.
- H&S training and qualification.
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard.
- Previous experience in 3PL multi-user depots.
- Budgetary experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a logistics operation.
- Good working knowledge of current HR Legislation.
- Knowledge of relevant Transport Legislation.
- International CPC preferred
- 'o' licence holder experience preferred
- Relevant logistics qualifaication
- Post Date 23 Jul 2021
- Closing Date 30 Jul 2021
- Location Boston
- Salary Competitive