Full Time, Mon – Fri, 08:00 – 17:00hrs
Location: Howard Tenens, Swindon
What will you do?
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager - The main responsibilities of this position include assisting and supporting the Warehouse Management Team in the efficient day to day operation of the warehouse ensuring that all deadlines are met, supporting paperwork is completed and that the warehouse operates safely and securely, providing an efficient optimum service to our customers.
Objectives of the role as Warehouse Supervisor, include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and maintain a smooth flow of work through the warehouse.
- Apportion work to ensure the effective use of the staff available.
- Oversee the efficient storage, picking and despatch of goods.
- Ensure all operations are carried out efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure the highest level of stock accuracy is maintained for all contracts.
- Ensure all warehouse space and resource is utilised effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure all operations and costs are fiscally accounted for.
- Ensure that all warehouse safety and security checks are carried out.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and correctly used.
- Ensure that only fully trained and qualified operatives use the various machinery supplied to the warehouse.
- Establish and maintain a working environment that compiles consistently with company policies and motivate all of our employees to maximise their potential to achieve excellence for our customers.
- Other warehouse tasks as directed by the manager(s) responsible for warehouse contracts and operations.
Your CV and experience show:
- JDA WMS experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both internally and externally.
- The ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers, staff and management.
- Flexibility: the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected.
- PC literacy with knowledge of the relevant warehouse systems or the ability to quickly learn to use them.
- H&S awareness, training and qualification.
- Licensed to use the various equipment in the warehouse or the ability to obtain a licence after appropriate training.
- Previous supervisory experience is desirable
- Post Date 04 Nov 2021
- Closing Date 12 Nov 2021
- Location Howard Tenens Logistics Swindon