Howard Tenens are one of the UK's leading, privately owned Logistics Businesses and are committed to providing our customers with first-class services delivered by exceptional people.
Full Time 40 hours/week Sunday 22:00 hours - Friday 06:00 hours Location: Howard Tenens, Swindon
What will you do?
To receive and safely store inward products and to pick and dispatch outward products. Other associated warehouse duties as required. Also ensuring that health and safety, hygiene and quality levels are met and maintained.
Objectives of the role as Warehouse Operative, Include, but not limited to:
- To safeguard customers products creating an environment that ensures customers can rely upon safe storage and timely dispatch of raw and finished goods placed in our care
- To always work in a way that safeguards both your personal safety and the safety of all who work in the warehouse
- Accurate completion of all paperwork required to run the contracts with our customers to their complete satisfaction
- Unpackaging and packaging of customers products when required
- Storage and dispatch of raw and finished products
- Other tasks in support of the warehouse operation as directed/requested.
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues, including hygiene and damage issues to your Manager.
- Completion of necessary process control and quality documented records, in a timely manner (QC Checks).
- Accurate and timely completion of the unloading and loading of company vehicles.
Your CV and experience show:
- The ability to safely operate warehouse equipment including pallet trucks and Counterbalance fork lift vehicles
- Basic PC literacy and the ability to use the systems applicable to the warehouse or the capability to use them after suitable training.
- Knowledge of the safe systems of work specified for the warehouse and of the H&S policies/procedures that apply to the company premises and its operations
- Ability to work in a small team and with minimal supervision to consistently produce results that hit the targets agreed with our customers or set by the company
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- The possession of a counterbalance fork lift drivers licence or the ability to pass a test for the licence after suitable training
- Post Date 15 Nov 2021
- Closing Date 30 Nov 2021
- Location Swindon
- Salary Hourly rate of £12.59